Ahh, summer. We all can’t wait for beach days or days sitting by the pool. However, swimming all day can be the worst thing if you want to look and feel cute all day long. So how do you do your hair and makeup when you want to feel pretty but know you’ll be in the sun and the water all day? Here are some tips:
Try these hair tips:
- It may look a little childish, but it can also be a very cute and innocent look that will keep your hair in place, no matter what hair texture you have.
- Think of how many different braids you can do! You can do braids no matter what hair texture or length you have. Even if you have a short pixie, you can do tiny braids that look cute and keep your hair in place. If you have longer hair, try fishtail or French braids to keep your hair looking amazing all day long, wet and dry.
- If your hair gets curly or wavy when wet, embrace it! Use styling products to reduce frizz and embrace the wave or curl after swimming.
- A classic bun can look polished and keep hair out of your face.
- Wear headbands to match your bikini and keep hair out of your face.
- Use a flower to add a pretty accent to your hair.
- Try a hat or scarf to cover your hair and protect it from the elements.
Try these makeup tips:
- Waterproof everything. These days you can get waterproof everything. Go for waterproof foundation, concealer, lipstick and mascara to keep a polished look all day.
- Cream based makeup. Cream based makeup products are more likely to stay than powders, even if they aren’t waterproof. Aim for cream eyeshadows and blushes.
- Look for products with SPF to get protection from the sun while you have makeup on. Double duty!
- Go natural! You are beautiful just the way you are. Try a no makeup day the next time you’re at the beach or sitting by the pool.
Remember to take off your makeup and use a face mask and/or moisturizer to keep your skin soft and damage free after your fun day in the sun. Also wash your hair after you swim and be sure to use a color protectant shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair color gorgeous. You’ll especially want to wash out chlorine if you are blonde and spend time in the pool to avoid the classic green hair.
What’s your take on this? Do you do your hair and wear makeup in the pool or at the beach or do you use these days as a way to go au natural? Share with us!