There are many different fruits that are amazing for natural skin and hair care. Let’s talk about citrus fruits and their benefits. Citrus fruits are some of the best fruits for many different types of skin and hair care benefits. Citrus fruits (think oranges, lemons, grapefruits and limes):
- Moisturize well. The antioxidants in citrus fruits can remove dead skin cells, speed up cell turnover and moisturize your skin.
- Tone skin. They can also refresh, brighten and tone your skin quickly. Try spritzing lemon juice mixed with water on your face daily.
- Brighten skin. The vitamin C in citrus fruits easily brightens dull skin.
- Are great for pedicures and smoothing rough feet.
- Reduce the look of aging. Vitamin C also helps reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Help with sun damage.
- Reduce dark circles under your eyes.
- Enhance nail growth. Vitamin C also helps strengthen nails.
- Help heal acne and shrink pores.
- Help dry hair when used in a hair mask.
- Help stop hair thinning and hair loss.
- Combat dandruff and itching associated with dandruff and dry hair.
- Make your hair shiny. Lemon juice can also brighten the color of your hair if you have light hair and can help remove any damage from chlorine.
Use citrus fruits and kiwi for an amazing face mask for glowing skin:
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
Mix the avocado and kiwi together until smooth and then add the honey and lemon or lime juice until it is a nice textured paste. Apply to your face and neck and then wash off with warm water after 15 minutes. Try it once a week.
Do you ever use fruits in your skin or hair care routines? Share your favorite fruits to use for amazing skin and hair!