If you’re a yogi, you might be fantasizing about doing yoga on the beach or outdoors. Here are some of the best yoga poses you should practice in the summer, whether you practice outdoors or indoors at a studio.
- The summer might bring more late nights, booze and parties. Twists are a great way to detox and cleanse the liver after a wild night out. Even if you aren’t in to wild nights, twists are great ways to move your body.
- Shoulder openers. If you’ve been attached to your laptop all winter, you are probably feeling the effects of being hunched over all the time. Work on untwisting those knots and do some shoulder openers and heart opening yoga moves.
- Camel or wheel pose. Open your heart and as you do this pose, think about your loved ones and how to prioritize them this summer. It can also help release tension in your shoulders, neck and back.
- Inversions are difficult but summer months are a great time to challenge yourself and liven up in the sunshine. Ask for help with trying a new inversion for the first time.
- Meditation is great year-round, but now you can try meditating outdoors in nature for more benefits.
- These poses are all great for anxiety, detox and relaxation. Yoga in the summer is amazing on the beach or at a park. Look for local yoga studios that offer outdoor yoga.
Do you do yoga regularly? What are your favorite yoga poses to do in the summer? Please share with us!