Your skin is your largest organ, so you need to take care of it! Your skin absorbs whatever you put on it very quickly, so if you use a lot of chemical filled products, your skin will absorb those chemicals and they could have long-term health hazards. Check out some of these natural ingredients that are making a buzz in the health and skin care scene and let us know your favorites. Here’s the list:
- Manuka honey. Honey, especially manuka honey which is often from New Zealand or Australia, is great for your skin because it has moisturizing and antibacterial benefits. It can help heal dry skin and acne prone skin and has a ton of natural antioxidants. Look for manuka honey in skin care products or try slathering it on directly from the jar.
- Bakuchiol. Never heard of it? Bakuchiol is an extract that comes from the herb babchi and is said to be the natural version of retinol. It can also help brighten your skin and help you reverse the effects of aging.
- Bearberry. Bearberry plant is a great natural skin brightener because it contains several antioxidants that naturally brighten your skin and is safer than chemical products claiming to do so. Bearberry can also help to fade dark spots relatively quickly. It can also give your skin a fantastic glow.
- Pine. Pine extract can actually help wounds heal faster and reduce scars. Don’t go rubbing your face with evergreen pine needles though. The best skin transforming pine comes from a certain French tree. It can also reduce oily skin and breakouts.
- East Indian sandalwood oil. If you are prone to breakouts, try east Indian sandalwood oil because it is naturally antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Rose hip-seed oil. It helps remove wrinkles and dry skin. If your skin is extremely dry, try evening primrose oil too.
- Jojoba, almond or apricot oils are great for a natural moisturizer than are gentle and absorb quickly.
Have you tried any of these natural ingredients on your skin or in a skin care product? Share with us your favorite and how you use it!