If you are wishing to lose weight or try a new diet, know that there are so many other factors that can affect your weight. You might think your food choices or lack of exercise, are the only things that affect your weight, but it actually could stem from another issue. Here are some questions to ask yourself if you want to lose weight:
- How do you sleep? Irregular sleep cycles can lead to more than feeling tired during the day. It can also get your hormones out of whack so you are in constant hibernation mode, which means you can never burn off fat for energy, even if you are exercising regularly. You could also have adrenal fatigue, which makes losing weight next to impossible.
- What are your stress levels like? Stress can do a lot in regards to helping you or hurting you when trying to lose weight. Chronic stress can lead to a host of health issues that make it impossible to lose weight, even if you are eating right and exercising. Stress can also slow down your metabolism and give you more food cravings for unhealthy treats. Try to deal with your stress levels to start losing weight.
- Be honest, what do you regularly eat? Of course, diet is very important. Make sure you are skipping junk food and processed foods and swapping them for fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Try adding fermented foods like sauerkraut into your diet as well. Studies show that people who regularly eat fermented foods or take probiotics have lower weights.
- When was your last physical? Did you have lab tests done? Make sure that you don’t have any underlying health issues that are making it impossible for you to lose weight. Once you uncover and correct these issues, you should start shedding pounds if you have adapted a healthy lifestyle. Ask your doctor for blood work, hormone testing, cortisol testing, thyroid testing, and microbiome testing for your gut.
- Are you exposed to toxins regularly? In this new age, chemicals are everywhere and our bodies can barely catch up. From chemicals in our beauty and skin care products to cleaning products to environmental toxins, this can lead to digestive, hormonal and autoimmune issues. All of which can make it harder for you to lose weight. Work on ditching the toxins in your daily routine.
- How do you exercise? Do you run just because you feel like it is the best exercise for losing weight? Do you avoid it every chance you get? Try to find your favorite workout and make it fun! Then you will be more likely to engage in exercise and start to lose weight more naturally than forcing yourself to do something you don’t want to do.
Are you finding it to be impossible to lose weight? Did you know losing weight is actually more complicated than just eating healthy and exercising? What are your thoughts? Share below!