It doesn’t matter if you invest in the best and most expensive hair care products, if your diet is unhealthy, your hair won’t be as amazing as it could be. If you want your hair to grow fast, look healthy and shiny, and be strong and resistant to damage, you should incorporate these nutrients in your daily diet:
- Aim to get 46 grams of protein daily to ensure healthy body function and amazing looking hair! If you don’t get enough protein, your body will obviously protect your most important bodily functions first. That means your hair won’t be getting any protein at all and may become dry, weak and brittle. You can get protein from beans, fish, poultry, lean meats, quinoa and now there are many protein powders and bars out there if you need a little boost.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. This is an important nutrient for a healthy scalp and for producing oils that moisturize your hair and scalp. The body actually cannot make omega-3 on its own so you need to get enough from food and/or supplements. You can get omega-3 from avocados, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, salmon, trout, anchovies and mackerel. If you don’t like fish, you might want to start taking omega-3 supplements daily.
- If you get really low on iron, you might develop anemia, which can result in stunted hair growth and even hair loss. Iron helps your blood and provides your scalp with the blood flow it needs for healthy follicles. You can get iron from lean red meat, fish, poultry, kale, broccoli and spinach. If you don’t eat these foods regularly, you might want to add a supplement to your routine. Adding more vitamin C in your diet can also help the body absorb more iron as well. This is especially helpful if you are a vegetarian or vegan.
- Vitamin A. Vitamin A helps your scalp produce oil to keep your hair moisturized and less dry and itchy. You can get vitamin A from carrots, sweet potatoes, cooked kale, collard greens, cantaloupe and butternut squash.
- Biotin. You’ve probably heard of this vitamin in regards to healthy hair growth. You can get biotin from whole grains, soy flour and eggs. You can also take this in supplement form.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a must for a healthy scalp. It improves circulation and protects your hair from damage from the sun. You can get vitamin E from tropical fruits, spinach, mustard greens, Swiss chard, broccoli and almonds.Did you know that these vitamins can improve your hair and help it to stay healthy, strong and even grow faster? Which foods will you try to add into your diet?