How old do your eyes look? Be honest! Your eyes might give away your age right away or look much older than you feel! Either way, you want your eyes to age gracefully and beautifully. Here are some ways to keep your eyes looking young and fresh:
- Wear sunglasses year round. Wear sunglasses all the time outdoors because sunshine can cause squinting which causes fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet around your eyes. Wear them even in the winter when it is sunny. Don’t forget sunscreen too! Get an oil free version for your face to avoid acne.
- Sleep more! Aim for 7-8 hours a night to reduce puffy eyes and dark circles. Good sleep habits will help your eyes looking young and fresh.
- Take care of the delicate skin around your eyes. Try using an eye treatment (even if you aren’t worried about aging yet, you can still prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging) every morning and evening.
- Never rub the delicate skin around your eyes! Always pat when putting on products, removing or putting on makeup around the eyes. Don’t pull or stretch on this area either because the thin skin will lose elasticity over time anyway. You don’t want to add to it.
- As you age, the whites of your eyes will inevitable lose their brightness. However, you can create an illusion so they never lose that beautiful brightness! Line your water line of your lower eyelid with white or blue eyeliner. You can also try blue mascara or shadow to help make your eyes brighter if they start to become yellow.
- Give yourself fuller brows. Fuller, more natural brows can help you look younger. Try letting them grow out but if they don’t because of years of over-tweezing, try using brow powders, pencils or fillers to help your eyes look younger faster.
- Don’t forget to smile! Don’t be too critical of wrinkles around your eyes or other signs of aging. Everyone gets them! Remember, we all look younger when we are happy and smile.
Do you worry about how your eyes look or aging of your eyes? What types of products do you use to keep your eye area looking more youthful? Share with us!