Have you ever been to a dermatologist? A dermatologist helps you with any skin issues you might have, from irregular moles and skin cancer checks, to help with acne problems. Here are some ways to know if you should call a dermatologist ASAP:
- You’ve tanned or been sunburned in the past. Everyone should get a full body check of their moles every once in a while, especially if you used to tan or get burned often.
- You have some irregular moles. If you have large moles, a lot of new moles, dark or even black moles or irregularly shaped moles, get them checked out by a professional to determine if they are benign (noncancerous) or something serious like skin cancer.
- You are dealing with a skin condition like eczema, psoriasis, bad acne or have something on your skin you aren’t sure what it is. Your dermatologist can help you determine what you are dealing with and how to treat it.
- If something on your body itches for longer than a week. Your dermatologist can determine if it is an allergic reaction, serious bug bite or another condition that needs a prescription to treat.
- You have acne that is severe or won’t go away for months. If you have severe acne or it is painful, you might need a prescription topical treatment or a prescription medication to ease your acne.
- You have brown patches or other skin conditions you are uncomfortable with. If you have dark circles, brown spots, acne scars or another annoying skin condition, ask your dermatologist what treatments you can do to get rid of these and feel more confident.
- You develop a sudden sun sensitivity. If you find that you feel feverish and very fatigued after spending a little time in the sun, you might have something serious going on. See your dermatologist and get some blood work done.
- You have a nagging skin condition that won’t go away with OTC (over the counter) treatments. When over the counter treatments don’t work over a period of time, it is time to see your doctor for help.
- You’re reading this article. If you opened up this article, chances are you’ve been thinking about seeing a dermatologist. This is your sign! Call one up and get a check up. Better to be safe than sorry.
Do you regularly see a dermatologist? Or have you never seen one? Share your story with us!