Fall is here! The leaves are changing, the weather is cooling down and you might still be craving all things pumpkin. There are so many ways to embrace this gorgeous and short season without breaking the bank. Here are some of our favorite fall activities that cost very little or nothing at all:
- Take a hike or bike ride and enjoy the beautiful fall colors of nature. You could head to a local park or trail and go for a long walk. You’ll get some great exercise while enjoying the colors, the cool breeze, and amazing scenery. Bonus points if you bring a friend to enjoy some good company as well.
- Look up local events in your city and cities near you. Lots of cities host free or cheap events every season. Try googling local events near you or look it up in the newspaper. You can also look up local Farmer’s Markets nearby and walk around. Often, they will give out free samples!
- Head to a pumpkin patch or go apple picking. Cider mills will sometimes let you walk around for free and just charge you for whatever you decide to pick. Even if they do charge, it is usually fairly cheap and a fun way to enjoy the season with your loved ones!
- Try a new recipe. Go through your fridge and pantry and cook or bake something festive using ingredients you already have on hand. You could also go to your local grocery store and get season items to try a new recipe with. This is good practice for Thanksgiving!
- Get cozy at home and watch movies. As the holidays approach, there are tons of free movies you can get on your TV. Find a few and have a movie marathon. Try making some festive popcorn by adding a little cinnamon to your popped kernels and heating up some hot cocoa.
- Get Crafty! Take a look through your home and look for craft supplies that could help you make a festive fall craft. Paint a pumpkin scene, make a cool banner of leaves you find outdoors, or work on a scrapbook. Then, use these things you make to decorate your home this season. Also, it’s never too early to start practicing or researching DIY holiday gifts.
- Take a drive to look at the foliage around your state. Grab your favorite snacks and your favorite person and jump in the car and drive around. As the holidays approach, you might also want to drive around to look at other people’s amazing outdoor lights and decorations.
- Channel your inner child by making a boring adult chore fun! Rake all of the leaves in your yard for a great workout and then play some music and jump in them! If you feel silly doing this, invite your dog or your kids to join in.
What are your favorite Fall activities? Are you trying to save money and find cheap things to do? Share with us below!