Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Many of us do and may rely on prescription medication to stop the sniffling and sneezing. However, if you are looking for a home remedy to add to your medication or prefer not to take medication at all, try some of our favorite natural remedies for seasonal allergies:
- Use apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has been known to have many uses and benefits and is especially great for allergy and heartburn relief.1 When you start getting hit by allergies, mix a teaspoon of organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and drink three times a day. It should reduce your mucous production and cleanse out your lymphatic system.
- Try a saline rinse or spray. You can use a Neti pot (found at your local pharmacy) and that seems to work well, but if you are nervous about using one, try a simple saline spray. It can help with congestion and flush out the allergens.1
- Try the herb and antioxidant called quercetin. It is said to be a natural antihistamine that reduces inflammation. It can also be used to prevent symptoms before allergy season even starts. It can be naturally found in citrus fruits and broccoli, but you will likely need a higher dose to see results. These can be found in supplements.1
- Nettle leaf is another natural antihistamine. You can find it in tea form or capsules. When used in tea form, it is often mixed with raspberry leaf or peppermint tea to give it more allergy-fighting power and make it taste a little better.1
- Start taking probiotics. Probiotics aren’t just good for your stomach issues, they can be great for treating allergies.1
- Changing your diet and eliminating food intolerances may also help. Often food intolerances or allergies can cause allergy symptoms like a runny nose, scratchy throat and coughing. Try to eliminate foods that might be causing your allergy symptoms. If you aren’t sure, try an elimination diet or see an allergist to find out what foods to eliminate.1
- Lastly, you can try raw honey. Raw, local honey has been said to help eliminate allergy symptoms. Make sure to get raw, unprocessed, local honey from a store near you and try taking one teaspoon a day before allergy season to prevent allergy symptoms.1
Do you have seasonal allergies? What is your favorite natural remedy to cure your allergies? Share with us below!
1 – From the Wellness Mama