The holidays are right around the corner! If you’re a little low on cash this year or just looking to save money in general, how about making some homemade gifts for your friends and family? Chances are they will appreciate the hard work you put into your gift and love it even more than something you could have purchased for them! Here are some suggestions of DIY holiday gifts to try this year:
- Bake some treats! Everyone loves holiday goodies. Scour the internet for some yummy desserts to make for your friends and family. You can also give the gift of an easy recipe jar. Make DIY homemade hot chocolate in a jar by putting ¾ cup of non-fat dry milk powder, ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, ¾ cup of powdered sugar, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows in a one-quart size mason jar for a fun way to give someone a hot chocolate mix.1
- Make a themed basket. Think about things your gift recipient loves. If they love movies, make a movie-themed gift basket with inexpensive DVDs, popcorn, candy, snacks and drinks. Place everything in a popcorn basket to add to the theme. You can do this idea with any type of theme! Get snacks, drinks and other small items that match the theme and feel free to get creative and run with puns.
- Make spa treatments for your bath-loving best friend. Try making your own bath bombs, soaps, lotions and other spa goodies. Make your own labels too so they know what each creation is and that you made it with love.
- Get nostalgic and sentimental with scrapbooks or other similar gifts for a significant other. Print out or find your favorite photos of you and that person and make a scrapbook of fun times together from the past year. You can also make a jar of things you love about your partner or cool date ideas.
- If you have knitting or sewing skills, this can open up a whole new category of DIY gift ideas. Knit a scarf, oven mitts, hat or whatever your loved one will love. Sew a blanket for a new baby or mom.
- Make jewelry for your fabulous and stylish friends. The options are endless for materials to use. Make your own necklaces, earrings or bracelets for your friends. Check out your local craft store for charms, beads and different types of clasps and strings to make your gift.
- Pinterest is also a great way to find additional DIY holiday gifts. Save some ideas to your Pinterest board to check back and work on later. Don’t forget to keep it a secret so your friends and family don’t guess what you’re making them! The ideas and options are endless when it comes to DIY gifts. First, write down a list of all the people you want to give a DIY gift to and then write down a few of their interests or hobbies to help generate ideas.
Do you usually make DIY holiday gifts? Or do you always buy them? Which ones from this list will you try? Share with us below!
1 – Recipe from Recipelion.com