The holiday season is upon us, and we all know what that means, here come the holiday parties. This can be a fun time to experiment with different makeup looks for different parties. Think a classic look for your work party, an edgy look for your friend’s holiday get together and a comfortable chic look for your family’s holiday celebrations. We have a few different looks you’ll want to try this year. Give us a shout out about which ones you try! Here are some of our favorite holiday party makeup looks:
- Go classic with a red lip and a black winged cat eye. Make your eyes and lips the focus when choosing a standout red lip color and line your eyes with a black eyeliner, making a wing at the ends of your eyes. You get to choose how thick you want the wing to be. Go easy on the blush and add mascara for a sexy but classy look.
- Make your eyes the only focus with a smoky eye. Metallics are in this season, so add some metallic colors to the classic dark eyeshadows of a smoky eye for a classic look with a trendy edge.
- You know that holiday song about silver and gold? Take inspiration and use silver or gold in your makeup look. Decide which gorgeous shimmer will look best on your skin tone, hair color, and outfit and go for it.
- Tis the season for sparkles! Go for glitter, but choose one area you’d like to focus on with the sparkly products. Add a glitter topcoat to your lipstick, add some shimmer around your eyes or swipe some extra sparkle near your cheekbones for a pop of sparkle.
- If you aren’t a fan of a red lip but want something bold, try a bright pink, purple or orange lip. If you do decide on a daring lip color, make sure to keep the rest of your makeup subdued so it doesn’t compete with your bold lip choice.
- For a more low-key party, you might not want a bold makeup look. If so, choose nudes. Use a little bit of mascara and then go for nude colors for your face and your lips for a comfy but cute look. You can also swap out nude colors for a light pink if you want a little more color.
What is your favorite holiday party makeup look? What kind of holiday parties are you going to this year? Share with us below!