Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and if you are part of a couple, you may want to celebrate! Whether you’ve been together for two months, two years, or two decades, it is important to set aside day-to-day stresses and celebrate the love you have for one another. Not sure what to do? Here are some fun date ideas:
- A fun night on the town might be just what you need to celebrate. Get fancied up and head out with your love. If you are looking to splurge, rent a limo and have them take you to all of your favorite spots around the city. If not, Uber is a great alternative chauffeur.
- Alternatively, you can have a fun night-out while staying in. You and your sweetie can get all dressed up, cook up your favorite dinner, and spend some quality one-on-one time in the comfort of your own home. No need to go out in the crowds and both of you can have that second glass of wine.
- Ice skating is such a classic and romantic date-night activity in the winter. Getting bundled up and holding hands while spinning around the rink can be so romantic. Bonus points if it starts to snow!
- Recreate your first date. Whether you have just started dating, or have been a solid couple for years, recreating your first date will bring back some great memories and a lot of nostalgic emotions. You’ll definitely get the warm and fuzzies, just like you did on that first date together!
- Feel like you and your beau are blessed beyond belief? Give back to your community! Find a local soup kitchen or volunteer organization and spend the day helping the less fortunate. You may find it so gratifying that you make it a Valentine’s Day tradition.
- How about a TV marathon? Pick your favorite TV show or movie series and get cozy on the couch. Whether you are bingeing the latest season of Stranger Things or opting for a full Harry Potter marathon, this will give you a lot of quality time together. Bring your favorite snacks to share with your loved one as well!
- Show each other your hometown hangouts. This one might be difficult to condense into one day, but it could be very fun to bring your other half to the place where you grew up. Show them everything that influenced you as a kid, and the place that shaped you into the person you are today…the person that they love so much!
- Pack a picnic and go stargazing. There is nothing more romantic than staring at the stars with the one you love the most. Head out of the city and find a park or a spot to lay down a blanket. Sipping wine, eating cheese, staring at the stars and having a deep conversation with your sweetie sounds just about as romantic as it gets, doesn’t it? It’s going to be cold, so bundle up!
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you take the time to really appreciate the one you love. Happy Valentine’s Day!
What is your favorite thing to do on Valentine’s Day with your sweetie? Share with us in the comments below!