Every time spring comes around again, it is a great time to deep clean your home. As the weather warms up and you can open up your windows again, you will want your house to feel fresh and clean after a long winter. Here are some of the best spring cleaning tips to use this year and save for years to come:
- Remove everything from your refrigerator and freezer and do a deep clean. An inexpensive and effective way to clean your fridge is to combine salt and soda water and scrub the inside of the fridge with it.
- If you notice buildup around your faucets, put some paper towels over the buildup areas. Soak the paper towel with vinegar and let it sit for about an hour. This will soften those hard deposits and make it easy to clean.
- You don’t need to buy fancy electronic screen wipes. You can use a piece of clean carpet effectively.
- Use a squeegee to clean all of your windows after a winter filled with snow, ice, and rain.
- Don’t forget to clean your drapes. Remove them and put them in the air-fluff cycle in the dryer with a wet towel for about 15 minutes. This will remove all of the dust and dirt from the drapes quickly.
- Use an old pillowcase to clean your ceiling fans quickly. This will ensure the dust and mess goes in the pillowcase and not all over you or the floor.
- Clean your doormats well or switch them out. They are likely very dirty after winter.
- Rent a carpet cleaning machine or have a professional come out to clean your carpets and furniture. After a long winter of staying inside on the couch, your living room will likely need a deep clean. You may also want to move all of your furniture around to vacuum underneath. This is also a great time to rearrange a room if you need a change!
- Wash the walls and other things you forget to do when you clean regularly. Now is the time to deep clean. This means you go beyond your normal cleaning routine. Wash walls, cabinets and other areas with soapy water and a sponge. Dry them with a clean cloth.
- Clean all of your light fixtures. Go around and dust all of your lights. These likely get ignored. Change any lightbulbs that have gone out too.
- Check coils. Clean your refrigerator’s condenser coil. If you are unsure how to do this or where to find it, look up videos on YouTube.
Cleaning can feel like a drag, but it doesn’t have to be! Open the windows, put on some music, and be thankful that you have a nice house to clean. Sometimes it feels really nice to deep clean your home. As you spring clean, go through each room and declutter as well. You will feel like a whole new person when you’re done!
Do you spring clean every year? What do you always deep clean? Do you always forget anything that is on this list? If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who could use some spring cleaning advice! Happy Spring!